1. To ensure a speedy departure update your crew (via PrivateFly) when you are enroute to the airport. Your Captain will then liaise with Air Traffic Control to ensure a swift take off.
2. When you book a return flight, ask for the aircraft to remain on the ground between your flights. This will maximise your opportunity to leave early, if your plans change, and ensures another flight is not scheduled before your return trip – which could result in knock on delays for you.
3. Sit on the right hand (starboard) side of the aircraft facing forward. The Captain always sits on the left (port) in the flight deck so you will have a good view.
4. Don’t be embarrassed to tip the crew. Whilst this is absolutely not expected in the industry, it is quite normal and your pilots will appreciate the gesture.
5. Help yourself to anything on-board. It is your aircraft and you must feel at home. If it’s in a drawer, it’s there for you to enjoy.
6. Challenge your provider to find the closest airport to your destination. There are 3000 airports in Europe; airlines only use 300 of them, which means – through private aviation – you can enjoy discovering the benefits of avoiding the crowds.
7. Request anything that will make the trip more enjoyable. Treat private aviation like a concierge service. You are paying a premium to avoid an airline experience, so don’t compromise on your enjoyment – if you want it, ask for it.
8. When travelling to a new region, ask PrivateFly for the local top tips. Whether you need a hotel or to find the best restaurant in town, our local handling agents will be able to advise.
9. Wait until the aircraft is in the cruise before chatting to your pilots. They are there for your safety, so let them take-off before you ask about the catering! However, when the aircraft is in level flight your pilots are your hosts; always feel free to wander up to the flight deck for a chat.
10. Don’t pay too much. Use PrivateFly’s private jet charter flight search to find the lowest charter prices within our global network of safe and accredited aircraft.
Have we missed something? If you need any top private flight tips email firstname.lastname@example.org or the PrivateFly team of aviation experts are available 24hrs to answer your jet etiquette questions on +44 (0)1747 642 777